TV-aholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV-aholics

Everything you wanna know about your favorite TV shows

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NickTvAddict
Admin
NickTvAddict

1.01 Pilot (Series premiere) Empty
PostSubject: 1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)   1.01 Pilot (Series premiere) EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Summary : Nathan Scott is Tree Hill High's biggest basketball star and is dating Peyton, a gorgeous cheerleader. Then his half broher Lucas joins the team - and threatens to take both Nathan's spot in the lineup and his girl.

Come here to talk about the Pilot of "One Tree Hill" !
Back to top Go down
https://tv-aholics.forumotion.com
NickTvAddict
Admin
NickTvAddict

PostSubject: Re: 1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)   1.01 Pilot (Series premiere) EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 pm

It was such a great way to begin the series. They opened stories in many ways that made me want to see the next episode right after.

Okay so...

Lucas/Peyton: Looking back at the pilot and see all the details that we don't really see the first time around is so good. Their first scene (the first scene of the show in fact) when Peyton almost ran over Lucas in her Comet with the beautiful "Hands Down" song by Dashboard Confessional playing is great. Already there, the Comet was there all along in their scenes. (In fact I think it's the most important Comet episode in the series but I'll come back to that later). Even there, the chemistry between Chad and Hilarie was great and we could see that even though Peyton seemed pissed at Lucas, there was something there between those two characters that I really wanted to see growing. There was so great potential there. After that, there's a cute little scene that we don't really remember when Whitey calls Lucas to join him in the gym, Peyton gave him that little nod that I don't know why would do that if she really don't like him. Then, the Comet broke down and Luke goes to pick up the car to bring it at Keith's shop. There, even though they don't know each other "First of all, you don't know me, second of all, you don't know me" , and that Peyton is basically acting like a bitch at the beginning, they start bonding while talking about Dan and Lucas finally gives Peyton a ride home. After that, we don't really see them together until the end of the basketball game when Lucas says the now famous "I'll be seeing ya" that will be really important in their history together. Finally, in the CODA, Lucas watching Peyton in her webcam to end the episode.

Dan: The first time we see him, he's already telling Nathan what to do. "20 shots, no less". His reactions all the way in the episode with the possibility of Lucas joigning the Ravens is really interesting to see. Later, while training with Nathan, telling him that the real reason in his opinion is that Whitey only wants to piss him off after something that happened back in the day that he was himself a Ravens player. We now know that it was the fact that he refused to get back on the court because Whitey wouldn't let him play like he wanted to do.

Keith: Already in the Pilot, the father figure he has over Lucas is really great. He was the one to go see Whitey to convince him to go see Lucas so he can join the Ravens and know that "he is good, not only playground good, but good period". We already can see that he is in love with Karen but it won't be this easy at the beginning.

Nathan: In this episode, he was really an ass, it's really weird seeing him acting like this with Peyton now that we know how he is now with Haley. But already there we could see that he acted like this because of Dan.

Haley: I think it's her best episode in the whole series yet. Honestly, she was so much funnier with her clumsyness and all. Her first scene in the café was really hilarious when she answered the questions Karen was asking Lucas and even though she says the opposite I'm sensing a Laley romantic vibe in that scene but anyway.

Rivercourt guys: It was great to see all the Rivercourt guys together. Seeing Jimmy there is a little weird knowing what will happen. Skills was already great helping Lucas getting what he really wants even if he doesn't want to believe it himself.

Karen: Her scene with Dan is really great. "You don't have the right to think of him, not today or any day of his life!" I loved her from the beginning.

One on One: The scene was really great and you really feel that they hate each other, knowing that they will really feel like brothers later seems nearly impossible in that scene.

**Brooke : It's really weird to see that Brooke wasn't even there in the Pilot knowing how important she will be.

Note : 5/5, a really great way to begin the show!

Last edited by xIamwhoIamx on Wed May 18, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tv-aholics.forumotion.com
thatsthewayitisx

thatsthewayitisx

PostSubject: Re: 1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)   1.01 Pilot (Series premiere) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:04 pm

I liked your review for this episode. I agree with the Brooke thing. It was just the top four, and it's funny how people think that Brucas is important, but hah they aren't. Brooke wasn't even in the pilot, and there were Leyton scenes, in the pilot. It makes me lol out lout that they think something like a high school relationship would last, and even Brooke herself said that they were meant to be. It's true. yes, it is. Get over it Laughing
I love this entire show, and the characters are so different from then to the other episodes in the series. Like Nathan being an ass? Been around his dad too much. haha. Rather annoying my friends, rather annoying, but he does get better.
It was a good episode, I think, and you really get addicted later on in the series. You like HAVE TO WATCH because that's all it is. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)   1.01 Pilot (Series premiere) Empty

Back to top Go down

1.01 Pilot (Series premiere)
Page 1 of 1